Monday 18 September 2017

Individual Song Suggestions

As a class, we have been told to individually research into the music industry and find our own songs that we could possibly to for the music video task. This song choice can be of a wide range, from as late as 20's music to present day. This is a difficult task due to the variety of genres of music, as I believe it would be quite interesting to do a different type of music video to what the typical pop music artist/band would do now. For example, a country music video interests me as well as country music itself, in addition, I do like R&B and pop as well (which is what I usually listen too) but this won't be as easy to go down a different route as many people will stay in their comfort zone and do this type of music.

My first suggestion of a song is Only You by Sarah Close.
 I like this song as I feel like it has a pop rhythm too it however her voice is quite calming and very indistinctive. As well as this, I believe this song will be quite different and the artist could adapt a very unique image as we could either go down the route of being edgy and crazy or innocent and sweet. Although the downside to this song is that it does become quite repetitive and the background sounds could be quite annoying and piercing to listen to over and over, I feel like I could get quite bored of the song quickly after listening to it for a few times.  

My second suggestion is Halsey's Control.
This song interests me because we could take a darker approach to the music video and incorporate a range of different locations with water, sun, rain as well having blank canvases behind the artist. I believe this song could be a good choice as again this does not sound like any other artist and will not be compared to many. In addition, you could go many ways with the music videos such as the artist being grungy the whole way through, or the beginning they could be innocent then shock the audience by turning violent. However, with this song being so mysterious, we could get carried away with the artist having too live up to looking so soulless that the video could get confusing for some of the audience and we may not achieve our aim. 

Finally, I found many different songs that I love, unfortunately they did have music videos although they aren't very well known artists. 
The songs are:
Like That- Bea Miller
Travelin Soldier- Dixie Chicks 
Buy Me Diamonds- Bea Miller
Colors- Halsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Video